Sometimes you just need to spoil yourself … and here’s a terrific, healthy recipe to scratch that itch. Elk chops baked in a wood fire oven over a bed of arugula, shaved cauliflower and heirloom tomatoes by Alessandro Pirozzi
- (2) 6oz elk chops
- 4 cups organic arugula
- 2 cups organic, shaved green, purple and yellow rainbow cauliflower
- 1 heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ of a medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp cold pressed avocado oil
- 1 tsp calabria chili infused oil
- sea salt to taste
- ½ cup walnuts
- Toss elk in 1 tbsp of the avocado oil, season with salt and roast in a wood fire oven, grill, or bake to medium rare.
- Layer the vegetables on two plates starting with the heirloom tomatoes, then cauliflower, arugula, and avocado.
- Dress with one tbsp of the avocado oil, set aside.
- When the chops are done, slice and lay over the greens.
- Drizzle the remaining tbsp of avocado oil, and add the chili oil to taste.